Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Quick 5

1. Off today, fixed my mower this morning. Picked Isaac up at School at 11:30 a.m.

2. Isaac and I went to the Pickens Flea Market Shopping. He spent $3 on Nascar race cars. We stopped by Norris Ford so he could get some popcorn and said hey to Ryan and David. Which reminds me, I think David has sent another "You Asked" question. I'll answer it in a few days.

3. Stopped by Lowes and picked up two free Kobalt Knives that I got coupons for at the race on Saturday. Free knives are always cool. Especially free name brand knives.

4. Came home , cut grass, organized the garage, took my shirt off and just sat shirtless in the back yard for a while and watched Isaac play in the mud hole he is creating in the back yard. Back yards are so much fun. Front yards are so formal but back yards are for sitting shirtless watching your kid play in the mud. Say that ten times fast. Nevermind don't because I don't want to be responsible for you saying a bad word.

5. Worked on a go kart, bypassing the governor on it and I have created a monster. It is scary fast. I normally am a full speed guy on the back yard track but this one has some serious power on the back yard track. It may be going 40 MPH in my back yard which is insanely fast for my back yard considering it is about the size of our auditorium at church. Up to this point the other carts go about 30-35, which is fast. This one is bad fast. I've got a grader coming to look at the possibility of banking the track for me. He's going to come see if it's feesible this Monday.

6. Tonight was a meeting with our Student Ministry volunteers. We got all the organization set up and everything went well with that. Tomorrow, I'm locked away in my office with message prep trying to get ahead because I'm going to be on vacation in Ft Myers Beach in a couple of weeks. Lunch with Mark and then rest of the day writing messages.

No comments: