Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Spilling the Beans

Several weeks ago I let out at hint about some cool upcoming stuff happening in our lives. Melissa is pregnant. Just kidding. She has had her woman parts took out of her insides so if she were to really be pregnant then some major miracles would have to had happened or either the doctor took out a whole lot of the wrong stuff. Neither happened. She is not pregnant. And for those who have asked, I am not pregnant either. Yes, I have put on a few pounds in the belly area but I can lose weight at any time. You, however, will always be ugly.

Anyway, on to the beans being spilt. I am launching my own ministry called Merge. This has been in the works for quite some time and I have been waiting to announce it. Merge will basically consist of three parts. Merge camps will be designed for students in grades 6-12. Merge will be producing camps, retreats and conferences through out the year. Our first retreat will be January 18th-21st 2008 in Gatlinburg,TN. As of this posting, this retreat has several youth groups committed to come and is already over 50% booked. Our summer camps are going to be held in the Florida Panhandle for 7 weeks in the summer of 2008. As of this posting, one complete week has already been filled and this is still over a year away. We also will be producing several mini retreats and disciple now weekends throughout the year. If your youth group would like to be a part of this please email me at sammy@sammyclary.com.

Many of you know that I have spent 14 years in student ministry. As a result I have a passion for helping student ministries reach students for Christ. The second part of Merge will be focusing on equipping student ministers and youth workers through custom Creativity and Leadership Conferences. We will be holding 4 of these retreats each fall as well as booking private Creativity and Leadership Conferences for individual churches. Again, for more information on these please contact me at sammy@sammyclary.com.

And lastly, I will be speaking at Camps, Retreats, Conferences, and Churches throughout the year. To see my schedule you can visit my new site sammyclary.com. This site will consist of mainly student ministry related items and my booking information. If the crazy antics of my everyday life are what you are looking for, then my current site will still be the place for you.

My new site sammyclary.com is operational but more is coming to the site. It is still a work in progress. The sites to get all the camp and retreat information are mergecamps.org or mergecamps.com. These two sites are still about a month away from being operational.

What can you do?
1. Pray for our ministry
2. Tell your student pastor or youth leader about us.
3. You can partner with us. We are being set up as a non profit ministry and all contributions are tax deductible. We are waiting to receive our tax status back from the IRS. We have been told that the process takes between 3-6 months. We hvae already been approved by the Secretary of State and usually the IRS follows along with the whatever the decision of the State.

The way it is looking, we will be hopefully launching all of this at about the same time as Isaac is able to be at home full time.

No comments: