Thursday, February 8, 2007

You Asked

Recently, since I have started this blog I have been receiving tons of fan mail. This site averages several hundred people each day. There are readers in Angola(sounds like bad heart burn), Algeria, Mexico, Canada, China, The Hague, Great Britain, France, Australia, and the good ole US of A. I try to sort through the plethora of correspondence in a timely manner as not to keep the adoring public waiting. I try to answer each letter or email honestly with an unaltered transparency. Usually I get requests for autographs and sometimes the occasional request of a lock of my hair. I am happy to oblige because at the rate that my hair is falling out of my head, usually all is required is a quick swipe of the swiffer duster and I have enough for several dozen fans. Occasionally I will have some nut job write me and ask for something weird like a fresh scraping of plaque from my left upper cuspid or send me their grandma's favorite scarf and ask for me to pose for a picture in it. Usually I will pass these requests off to Melissa and let her handle these.



Lately, I have been receiving a recurring type of letter. It usually goes something like this. Sammy, I've noticed in all of your pictures that you always seem to have it together. Every time you are in front of the camera, you are in your element. How do you do it? How do you remain stylish and look so composed in every spot? Do you wake up looking great? Does every hair just fall into place for you? Do you ever have an "off" day? Your biggest fan, David Garrett Easley,SC


Well David, I hate to rain on your parade but the answer to your question is yes I do occasionally have an "off" day. There are times when I just can't get my hair to look right. There are days when my face just doesn't want to wake up. It seems that I am mortal after all. Just this morning, my wife caught me in one of those days. I hope this answers your question and that plaque scraping is in the mail. Sincerely,Sammy



2 comments:

David Garrett said...

I just laughed out loud in the showroom when I read this. So now, thanks to you, the people that have and have not read this think I am retarded...oh well nothing changes. You are warped.

Anna said...

...wow