Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gargamel

So Isaac's new favorite channel is Boomerang. It is kind of funny that with all of the new cartoons out there that his favorites would be the ones that I grew up on. It is awesome. I had really missed Grape Ape, Laff Olympics, Wheelie and the Chopper Bunch and others. Right now we are sitting watching the smurfs. My favorite of the bunch has to be Brainy. He always gets everyone else hacked off at him and is always pushing their buttons. I always had questions about the smurfs though. Like, where are the other grey headed smurfs? Why is Papa Smurf the only old one? Did he secretly kill the other older smurfs one night so that he could be the sole possessor of wisdom in the Smurf Village? And what would that episode have been called? Night of the Small Blue Knives. Perhaps. Another of my favorite characters has to be Gargamel. Just the sound of his name would make me shutter in fear, that is if I were blue and around 1 1/2 feet tall and wearing white pajama pants with the feet sown in and no shirt on and had a name like Apprehensive Smurf.



Anyway, in honor of the smurfs, I give you random useless facts that everyone needs to know about the smurfs.



  1. There were actually two female smurfs. Smurfette and Sassette

  2. Gargamel was derived from the word gargantua.

  3. Gargamel was a popular name during the middle ages

  4. Gargamel's first appearance was in the Smurfnapper in 1959

  5. Grouchy Smurf wasn't always grouchy. He was stung by an insect that turned him brown and he began biting other Smurfs. When Papa Smurf turned him back blue, he never lost his Grouchy persona.

  6. Smurfette originally had black hair and was created by Gargamel. Papa Smurf gave her an Extreme Smurfover- Blue Edition.

Well that is enough Smurfs for today. We are still compressing the video of Isaac's Christmas Train Project. I will post it when we get it formatted to fit on Youtube and I'll include a link.

No comments: