Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Thoughts on the ATL

So today I had to go to Atlanta to meet up with someone take care of some stuff. The trip down was pleasant. I hadn't been to Atlanta for about a year and a half so it was cool getting to see how much some things had changed. Each time I go to Atlanta, it seems as if it keeps moving closer to South Carolina. If it continues to grow, pretty soon Metro Atlanta will include Commerce Georgia and all that area as well.

As I said the trip down was pretty smooth. On the way back, however things were a little less than fun. As I was coming back into the city and passing Turner Field, I noticed the overhead highway board sign saying traffic was stopped ahead. I flipped the radio to a local channel and come to find out, I-85 was completely shut down at 10th Street because of a wreck. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that this all occurred at 5:20p.m. I exited off the interstate and went through downtown and North through Buckhead. Needless to say that after 2 hours I had finally made it 15 miles and had finally cleared the accident. I-85 was still shut down behind me. Suddenly the two hours I spent going around the wreck didn't seem too bad.

In other news, I would like to give shout out to our friends in cold and snowy Cincinnati. Not to rub it in or anything but tommorrow it will be 60 degrees here and I will be washing my car in my shorts and t-shirt. I hear you guys may have a warm front coming through. It looks like it may get up to 23 for you tommorrow. We will be back up there Tuesday.

In one last other news, a ton of people have been asking to see Isaac's video of the Christmas Project. With the help of Chase, I will have it up on youtube tommorrow for everyone to see.

No comments: