Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Big Town of Williamston

Tonight I had a cool opportunity to hang out with a couple of my former youth(Joel and Kristen). The cool thing is that they each used to be in two different churches that I had served years ago. Melissa and I kind of introduced them through a Disciple Now weekend and now they have been married for several years. They didn't get married that weekend it was many months or maybe a year or so later. That was and is the only time we have kind of set someone up on a date. So I guess that would mean that we are batting 1.000. I guess maybe I should open up some type of internet service where we fix people up. Na. I'll leave that to Match.com or whoever those places are.

Anyway, Joel is the youth minister at FBC Williamston and I had the chance to hang out with their youth group and see what all was going on. I learned a new game tonight. Basically you put a bunch of people in a gym and you play dodgeball except there are no teams and it is every person for themselves. So technically it is perfectly legal to pelt someone with a red playground ball from point blank range. I found this to be quite theraputic. I can only imagine how many people left with welps from being bombarded. My apologies to the adult leader that I almost decapitated from 10 feet away.

They had some cool stuff going on down in Williamston. They had students leading on stage and students running sound and media which was cool. I will be back down there on April 15th speaking so I hope to see you guys there. I hope there will be a every man for himself dodgeball tourney that night after youth.(That was a hint to the youth pastor).

In other news, we will be heading back to Cincinnati next Monday. It looks like we will be there for a couple of weeks.

I will be launching my new website in the next week or so. It will have contact information as well as my upcoming speaking schedule and other cool stuff. I will be speaking at Pendleton Street BC the week after we get back from Cincinnati. Other upcoming dates will be listed on the new site.

One last thing, today I went to my grandparents 65th wedding anniversary today. It amazing to see two people who have persevered through so many years. They truly are an inspiration to me.

No comments: