Monday, February 5, 2007

Unpacking

It has been crazy around the house the last couple of days. We have been unpacking all of our stuff that was packed away in March of 2005. Which begs the question, if you haven't used it in almost two years, do you really need it? Obviously we still need most of "it" because the closets, dresser drawers, garage, and attic are all bursting at the seams. And speaking of drawers, I found some of mine today that I haven't worn in almost two years. Relax, I have other pairs of underwear that I have been wearing in the mean time. And why do they call them a pair of underwear? I usually on wear one "pair". Never two. Occasionally, I will carry an extra pair with me if I think there is a chance of an accident. But I haven't really had an accident since the first grade in Mrs. Jones class. Which begs another question, why have I been carrying an accident preparedness pair for the last 29 years. I really don't think they will fit anymore.

Seriously though, we are about 3/4 of the way finished unpacking and can finally see the end in sight. Isaac is getting excited about his train room because my dad started cutting some of the base pieces today. Construction on his new train layout will hopefully begin by the end of the week. His lab numbers looked good today other than his electrolytes. Home health care is coming back to the house tommorrow morning to check his labs again. We will be heading back to Cincinnati a week from tommorrow. We will be up there for some of his in hospital stuff and then we will be back for a few weeks and then do it all over again. We would rather split time between here and there than to be stuck up there the whole time.

In other news, I will be making a big announcement concerning my vocation with in the next few days. I can't really do a lot right now because of the uncertainty of our back and forth time. But this is something we are really excited about.

No comments: