Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nascar

Today I had my first Nascar type experience in a few years and it also reminded me of my early drving years when I used to crash early and often. Today though I was just a spectator. I had ran into the city today to pick up some stuff(A Valentine's Day Card for Melissa after all 14 years ago tommorrow I asked her to marry me). As I was coming back out of Cincinnati, traffic was moving pretty brisk considering the amount of ice and snow still on the roads. I was in a pack of 15-20 cars running 55-60 mph. As we neared the top of the Cut in the Hill(This is Cincinnati speak for a place on 1-75 where there is a cut in the hill. People from around there know that this area is notorius for wrecks), this guy in a Toyota 4 Runner hits a patch of ice and loses it.(Sidenote for all Nascar fans- he looked a lot like Brian Vickers however I didn't see a Red Bull sticker on the side of his Toyota but he was driving pretty similar to Vickers).

In the process of losing it, he proceeded across two of the four lanes before he correctly parked it right into the concrete retaining wall backwards. He came close to taking three cars including me into the wall with him. Fortunately, it was a single car wreck and he was ok. Although the same couldn't be said for his Toyota 4 Runner. After that I came back to the house and cleaned my pants and stayed indoors for the rest of the day except when I went out to get my Papa John's Pizza.

The weather is rough out right now. We have several inches of snow on the ground topped by about half an inch of ice and another 1-3 inches of snow expected tonight. We will be in the hospital most of the day tommorrow.

No comments: