Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Who's Sharpening You?

As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another. I've read this verse many times and I've understood it but sometimes I not the best at putting it into practice. That leads me to the question, who are you relying on to sharpen you? I've been really focusing on as of late on being sharpened by others. You can't go at it alone and expect to make it in the world.

Speaking of sharpening, today I had lunch with this guy. I walked away from lunch more challenged and encouraged than I have been in quite some time. The folks over at Summit Church in Greenville have a great vision of what God has called them too. As a matter of fact if I wasn't the Pastor at StoneBridge and I lived near the Woodruff Road area, then Summit would be the group of believers in Greenville that I would unite up with. They have an awesome vision for multiplying to reach their circles of accountability.

Today was fairly busy. This morning Melissa and I got checked out by a nurse. We are changing insurance stuff and they always send someone to see if you're healthy. We are. My blood pressure was 90 over 60 with a pulse of 60. I am going to start excercising on my bike again soon. I've been watching the Tour de France and I am getting motivated to ride again.

I worked on message stuff until about 6:30 p.m. and finalized our series for December. I'll give you a hint, it's going to have a space flavor to it. This week we continue in "Man on the Run" as we'll look at running from God.

No comments: