Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ready for Bed

I'm pretty much wiped out right now. This week has been crazy. The last two nights have been late up at the church. Last night working on video stuf and tonight was youth. Tonight was the first time I have spoken to our youth since the opening night back in December. The band did great.

My favorite part was the game in the middle of my message. I had some contestants(suckers) come up and play a game that involved eating cream filled donuts. Only one thing that was different. I took a straw in advance and sucked all of the cream out of the donut and replaced the cream with Tartar sauce. The people eating the donuts thought they were eating cream. They weren't it was the tartar sauce. They gagged and we all laughed. The bad thing is that Jacob had fell for a similar game back when I led youth once before. That time I emptied a vanilla ice cream box and replaced the vanilla ice cream with frozen mayonaise. They gagged then too.

My cell phone broke a few weeks ago and I'm using a relic right now(Seriously, the company it came from doesn't exist anymore but it works.). Next week though I reenter the 21st Century. The new I Phone comes out and wouldn't you know that Apple timed it to coincide with my birthday. I think that may be the only way I'm getting one.

Sunday starts our new series "Man on the Run". Be sure to be there and bring your friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it's iphone not "I phone"....if your gonna brag, at least have the correct spelling....act like you know what your doing....you do it on sundays all the time! haha

Unknown said...

it's iphone not "I phone"....if your gonna brag, at least have the correct spelling....act like you know what your doing....you do it on sundays all the time! haha