Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recap

  • Keels, Jon and Clay did a great job with worship in Anderson.
  • Derrick D. did the teaching duties in Anderson today.
  • Several first timers in Powdersville today.
  • Kevin Campbell spoke for me in Powdersville and did an awesome job.
  • Reo was incredible leading worship and will be helping us out more in the coming weeks as Evan heads out on tour.
  • Attendance was up despite a large number of our regular folks being out of town on vacations. In a new church start when 8-9 of your core families go on vacation it can be huge. So needless to say I was excited to see attendance up despite such a big group being gone this week.
  • Announcement video went over well. I've never heard people laugh so much over announcements.
  • I had a request from someone to sing some of my Randy Travis songs. I told the guy that if he came back to church I would sing.
  • Painting this week at the new auditorium. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday night. If you can paint, basically anytime on those days or nights is cool.
  • Got invited to go fishing this afternoon down in Antreville.
  • We won. Tripp and I outfished Stan and Scott. 53-49. Tripp caught 35 large mouth bass, I caught 18. Last time I caught 27.
  • Tripp got ready to push out one of the boats and there was a three foot long snake under the boat. I stood in the back of the truck while Tripp, Stan, and Scott tried to shoot it. I used the excuse that I was looking for a can of Off. Really I was just standing in the boat to not be bitten by a huge snake.
  • I learned my fishing style today. It is self proclaimed "Lazy Fishing". It worked. I just cast and let the fluke drop to the bottom and every now and again I reeled and shook the line. I had only caught three before discovering my method. I also learned how to tie the fisherman knot today.
  • I managed to hook my back with one of those three hook hooks. I told Trip to yank it out. He yanked it and it didn't come out. He grossed out. Scott pulled his boat over and took my razor blade knife and cut it out of my back. While he was cutting it out of my back, I got stung by a bee. Holder would have had to use his Epi Pen. It hurt but I didn't say any cuss words. I can't remember if I thought any or not. Don't worry, Scott was like a Boy Scout with his fancy pants first aid kit complete with antiseptic.

1 comment:

----------- said...

Ok seriously. You can't go FISHING without injuring yourself?

Oh wait, that's right... You're the same guy that took up fire breathing as a hobby, right?

How about we try to go injury free for the month of August?