Sunday, July 6, 2008

Man on the Run

Kicked off our new series "Man on the Run" today.

Evan and the guys threw in an extra song before the message today and it was awesome.

Mark, Will, and Anna did an acoustic set in Anderson and the energy there was very cool.

I kind of got the best of both worlds because I got to see our worship set two different ways and both were great.

Kids area was our highest attendance since before school got out.

I think most of our core folks are gettting back in town from vacation because attendance has started coming back up plus a good number of first timers in the last couple of weeks has been awesome.

I felt a freedom in speaking openly and honestly with our folks today. It's hard to describe but it's an amazingly peaceful feeling while you're speaking. I've been praying for that.

Three more weeks in our current auditorium and then we move to the front of the building with a larger auditorium and the old audtiorium becomes youth and kid's space.

Over the next two months we are really investing in kids and youth at both campuses. This Saturday is Kid's World in Anderson and should be a blast.

This afternoon a couple of friends came over and we raced go karts. We had four running at one time until Jason had to get out of his because it caught on fire. Not like a big consuming him in flame fire but the clutch caught on fire because it was worn out. At first I didn't tell Jason it was on fire because I figured if he kept going it would put itself out but the bolts on the seat got hot from the fire and he wanted to get out. I let him. What a true friend I am.

Tripp struggled at first with the swingset turn but by the end of the day he had mastered it. Chuck was able to accomplish something that no one prior today had accomplished. I got up to his bumper for about 10 consecutive laps and couldn't spin him out. Finally on the last lap I was able to turn him enough sideways to get on the outside and he turned me going through the top turn but I kept the throttle down and went on to win the Green White Checkered. He did drive the best of any rookie that has made their way onto the track.

No comments: