Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Wild Kingdom

As of late I have begun to feel like my life at home is something akin to Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom. Here's the tally of all the creatures that Isaac has living at the house and each of their feeding schedules.

1) Tinkerbell- This is Isaac's cat and she has to be fed and watered once each morning.
2) 5 goldish colored fish and one lazy white catfish(that sits all day on the bottom. I'm still not convinced that he is real because I have as of yet to see him move) They prefer night time feedings of one pinch of food.
3) Several dozen snails. They don't require feeding as long as the fish keep creating green gunk on the inside of the aquarium. They seem to have an acquired taste for the stuff. I'm considering putting a few of them in my shower to take care of the gunk in there.
4) Half a dozen hermit crabs. They must be fed these pellet looking things once a day along with watering their sponge.
5)Toad the Frog- This is Isaac's frog that lives under the porch. Isaac has created him a habitat that he comes and gets water from. He just needs water once every day.
6)Charlotte- Yes about three months ago we adopted a pet spider that lives on the side of the house. I am not allowed to touch her web. I have never seen a spider stay in one location for so long. She is big too, about the size of a nickel. Fortunately I don't have to feed her. She lives quite the high life on small winged creatures who drift unsuspectingly into her gelatinous web of death.
7) Tom the Turtle- This is our latest adoption within the last month or so. Tom lives under our porch and makes his appearance every morning around 8:30 a.m. looking for his two fresh grapes. He only eats two we have sat out three or four before but he only eats two. It is nice to know that our turtle isn't taken by gluttonous behavior.

We have quite and array of creatures and Isaac enjoys them all. I have trouble keeping their names straight. One day though, I'm gonna poke at that catfish just to see if it's real.

No comments: