Sunday, October 14, 2007

Two Post Day Part 2

Most of you have read about the fact that I sold all of the other go karts I had in order to get something a little safer. With all of the preparation for the church, I haven't really had a chance to ride the go karts in the last three weeks. Today after church, I came home and piddled around in the garage and decided to get the karts out and run them some.

Well, later in the afternoon Bryan Holder came over and we raced some. I was proud of him. He drives better when he feels safe in the cart.(These have 5 point safety harnesses and real helmets)


Anyway, the kart he was driving, I just had installed the seat on it this afternoon. We had been riding about an hour or so when Bryan pulled off to the side. I pulled over to see what was up and he told me his buttocks was burning. He unbuckled and climbed out of the kart.


In my haste to install the seat, I apparently hadn't checked to see the ground clearance on the seat. The seat is made of 1/4 inch thick fiberglass. But during the course of riding for an hour the dirt had made mince meat of that fiberglass seat. The burning sensation that Bryan was experiencing was because the dirt not had not only worn a hole in the fiberglass seat but it had also worn a hole through his insulated camouflage coveralls, his favorite shorts under the cover alls and his boxers underneath his shorts. The burning sensation he was feeling was the dirt rubbing on his bare bottom at 35 miles per hour.


I must be honest and say that I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. As I type this post I am laughing hysterically. I have included some pics of us racing as well as the hole. I have fixed the last pic so that no flesh is seen. Notice the hole in the seat.

No comments: