Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Thoughts

It's about 8 p.m. and I just sat down in my recliner to kick back for a while. Here are some thoughts from today:

1. Things went well at church today with another 15 or so first timers. Our goal is to get them plugged into the life of the church once they have received Christ and not just for them to sit as attenders. Making disciples is our main goal for anyone who walks through our doors.

2. We had two or three things happen today that could have been major problems but I must say that no one freaked out and everything turned out fine. Great job everyone.

3. Next Sunday we are doing something I don't believe I have ever heard of another church doing before. Don't worry, I am not going to be controversial for the sake of controversy, I am not going to jump from atop the catwalk, I will have my clothes on for the entire service, I am not playing any more air guitar or anything like that. It will be all good and a huge step of faith. That is all I am saying about it. You do need to be there because I doubt I will post about it after the fact.

4. This afternoon I took a mini nap and then Lloyd(our sound guy who does a great job) came over and raced go karts. We discovered that these new carts are a whole lot safer as I took a shot from his cart right in the side and it didn't do a thing to the carts. Later on Lloyd managed to find the fence coming out of turn 3. Let's just say that the back tire and rim are no longer functional. I'll try to post pics tomorrow. It was a quick fix with a new tire and rim and we were off racing again.

Well I'm off to check my fantasy football team where I believe I defeated Reggie Smith and took over the top spot in my division from Evan Silver today.

I'll leave you with this quote from Mark G as we rode back from the Clemson game yesterday. In reference to a guy who was playing Satan in a church play his church was doing Mark said the following "you know he sounds just like Satan". I then asked him when was the last time he heard Satan speak and he gave me a dumbfounded look.

No comments: