Sunday, October 7, 2007

Stone Bridge Church

We kicked off our first service today at Wren High School. The day started early with more than 50 volunteers showing up at 7:45 a.m. to set up. It was awesome to see because our goal was to be set up by around 9:15 a.m. The children's and lobby areas were set up by 8:45 a.m. Set up went really well for our first time ever being in the building. The sound and video were finished up right on time. Everyone had a great attitude and eager to do whatever it took to get everything lined up. I'm excited to see what is going to take place in the coming days.

The service went well with only a few minor technical glitches. Nothing major that can't be worked out. Chasen led worship and the guys did a great job. It took me a couple of minutes to get on track with the message. I woke up at 4 am so I think I was feeling the effects of that plus I was nervous as mess.

We had over a hundred something first timers which was cool. Of course today everyone was a first timer. The children's area was probably my biggest concern going in but it ended up running the smoothest of everything which was awesome. I wasn't worried about the people we had in charge because I had faith in them but rather my fears mainly were that we didn't know what to expect as far as kids. The kids area had a good number of kids and according to one of the parents I talked to, they had a blast. This was cool because kids can have fun and still learn as well.

We had 10 or so youth with several of them serving in the children's area helping with our other adult volunteers. I was quite impressed with how the youth stepped up and played an important part as well.

I just want to say a big thanks to everyone who has put in tons of hours over the last few months as we have prepared for the church to start.

Here are some pics from today. Probably one of the funniest is Scott Watson wearing a green apron. Scott was our Rocket Man today and did a great job. He wore a backpack filled with 2 1/2 liters of coffee and greeted people with coffee as they got our of their car.

No comments: