Saturday, March 24, 2007

Record Day

So today is one of those days that will go down in the annals of Sammy History as a record day. For those of you who know me well, you know how much I hate to sit still. I can get fidgety and this is probably the reason I Have never been much of a fisher person. Well today, Scott and Bryan took me to the secret fishing hole. And today was a record for me. Before today, the most fish I had ever caught at one time was two. They started me out fishing with a plastic worm. I am not good at that because it involved two seperate actions at once. I was supposed to make the line jig at the same time I was reeling it in. That didn't happen too good. Then I had to get used to casting a rod rather than just dropping it over the side with a bobber on it. By the end of the day, one out of every three casts were good. It started out rocky enough with most of my casts going either two feet straight into the water or either onto the bank. Finally they had me using a plastic minnow thingyma bob. I got the hang of this because I didn't have to do anything but cast and reel. Most of the time I had no idea where I had just cast the minnow and my words of the day were " Where'd that go?". But, by the end of the day I had pulled in a record haul of 5 Large Mouth Bass. Davey Hite would have been proud. I also will state for the record that I am not a huge fan of wasps and I figure that Bryan will be posting something to this effect in the coming days.

No comments: