Saturday, March 17, 2007

Penthouse to the Outhouse

Today, BHolda and I took off for the great city of Atlanta. When I first conceived the way we would travel, it was much warmer weather. We decided to take my Jeep. I forgot to mention that I had the top off of the Jeep. I also forgot to mention that it was 37 degrees when I left my house at 7:30 a.m.. So the box score looks like this: 37 Degrees + No Top + 70 Miles Per Hour = Freezing Butt Cold for 2 hours.

Anyway, we met up with a guy today that probably is the richest person I have ever met. We had to meet him at his business warehouse. When we arrived he opened up one of the huge garage doors to reveal his two brand spanking new helicopters and a multiplicity of Land Rover Defender 90's, Range Rovers, and other various vehicles from his personal collection. I must say I was digging one of the Defender 90's. Oh yeah, did I mention that he was younger than me. And did I also mention that he only owns 42 Applebees Restaurants. Talk about eating good in the neighborhood. After we met up with him, we left the Penthouse and headed for the outhouse. Yep, you guessed it. We were off to Atlanta Motor Speedway for some Nascar Busch Series racing action.

For those of you who have never been to a Nascar race, you are missing a part of your life. Where else are Jean shorts still in style? Where else can you find such a vast collection of 1970's school buses that have been converted into mobile party pads complete with Krylon spray paint? Anyway, this was BHolda's first time at the races and I believe he walked away with a different appreciation of the sport that we all love and hold dear to our hearts. Although he did misss the wreck that happened right in front of us because he was using his calculator on his cell phone to determine how many laps it took to make up the 300 mile race. Dolt!

And finally, I leave you with this picture. Not only is Bubba sporting the mullet but come to find out his real name is Bubba O'Reilly. Don't you just love St. Patricks Day? No matter how tough we may look on the outside, deep down inside there's a little Lucky Charm guy in all of us.

No comments: