Sunday, February 3, 2008

New Place, Go Karts, and Cheaters

Today was awesome good from a church standpoint. We moved into our new place right behind SunTrust bank in Powdersville. We still had a few folks show up at Wren High School but we had someone staioned there to send them our way. The flow of everything went very well and our people stepped up big time to have everything ready for our first services in there today. We kicked off our series "I AM" today and looked at how God has a purpose and a plan for each of our lives.

This afternoon I had a couple of hours of free time before going back up to the church for our Super Bowl Party. Since it was a nice afternoon I called up the Allen's and told them to come over and I put them into go karts for a backyard brawl, family style.

The action was fast and furious starting with Paige running her son into a hay bale resulting in his first flip of the day. Later in the day after I just had spun Jason sending him into the mud, Jonah, his son, decided to avenge his father's embarrassment and he spun me in the top turn sending himself head on into the fence. About 5 minutes later Jonah suffered his third accident of the afternoon by hitting the bale of hay once more sending his kart into a complete flip which caused him to burn his hand on the muffler. I determined that the Allens are horrible drivers much like their favorite driver Jimmie Johnson. The qoute of the day had to be from Paige when she said to Jason " I'm a little disappointed in your testosterone level while driving out there. I thought you would be more aggressive out there".

And finally, Cheaters never prosper. I watched the Super Bowl at church with a bunch of our folks. Special thanks to our home groups stepping up and cooking a ton of burgers and hot dogs. I was so glad to see The Hoodie lose his perfect season. I am jealous though because Stan and Cindy from our home group were at the game. Congrats to Al and his NY Giants.

And finally finally, someone tonight gave the best compliment about our church. It had nothing to do with the speaking, it had nothing to do with the music. What they said to me was the following," you know, we're hooked because for the first time in our church experience we feel like we actually matter to someone". If you're looking for a place where you matter, then Stone Bridge Church is the place for you. Our focus is to Love God, Love People. See you this Sunday.

2 comments:

Paige said...

I am offended. If you will recall, I was sporting a Dale Jr t, which hendered my driving capabilities. He is known for poor performances on race day and possibly has wrecked his fellow teammates in the past. I would not know, because I am too busy watching a real driver, Jimmie Johnson. After we pay off our damages from yesterday, I will return to the track proudly sporting a JJ shirt, and will prevail over all. I will dedicate the win to all the #48 haters.

jason said...

it's on Rabbi,prepare to be trimmed!