Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday Recap

Service today was great all around. Music, Sound, Video, everything flowed really well.

The sense of community was great. Our church is designed toward a small group atmosphere. We can grow through multiple campuses and also retain that sense of community through those as well.

Quite possibly the best atmosphere I have experienced since the launch of the church.

Lunch was at El Surinos. Great as always.

This afternoon it was off to Six Mile with Scott and Jason for some fishing.

Jason caught seven large mouth. 4 of which occured in about a five minute span. Scott caught two. I caught one whopper. Actually Scott caught the largest but mine was a kind of close second.

I tried my hand at blow gun fishing but I couldn't hit hardly anything with the darts.

Jason and I bought new lures and proceeded to break them trying to splash water on each other.

All was not lost because it just so happened that Scott brought along his 9mm pistol and I proceeded to put 15 rounds in our floating broken fishing lures. Don't worry this took place on a private lake. There is no idiot riding around in a boat firing off a pistol on Lake Keowee. This all took place on Lake Carl.

Right now Isaac and I are sitting watching the Nascar Rain Delay.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Fishing with a 9mm, now that's my kind of fishing!!! By the way, you left out Sermon in the list of everything that flowed really well. At least I thought it did, even if I did just write the first 2 points down!!!! :) I was on stage during the 3rd point!!! Enjoyed the Mexican food with you and all of your peeps.

DON'T FORGET TO POST THE JBL AND MACKIE MONITORS ON EBAY!! April 6th is fastly approaching!! Anyone else as excited as I am???