Sunday, February 17, 2008

Awesome Weekend

This has been an awesome weekend. Right now I am propped up in my recliner awaiting the start of the 50th annual Daytona 500. Isaac and I are pulling for any of the Hendrick cars but particularly #24. Melissa is pulling for the race to hurry up and get over so that I will shut up about it.

The camp that I spoke at this weekend was great. There were students from Brushy Creek, Hampton Heights, East Pickens, and Smith Grove . The band was made up of college and youth from Brushy Creek and they did a great job. I left to go up there Friday Night and then drove back after the service. There was no session yesterday morning so I waited until yesterday afternoon to head back up. I rolled into the house at about midnight. I was pretty tired but it was all good because students always inspire me by the way that they follow God with a childlike faith.

A special thanks to all of those guys for having me be a part of their weekend.

This morning church was very cool with some new folks from Traveler's Rest joining us to take part in the Stone Bridge experience. We are in the formation stages of putting together a core group for the Traveler's Rest Campus. The band did an great job. My favorite of the day was the new arrangement that they did with Jesus Paid it All. It was an old school song of faith meets modern day worship.

Remember this Thursday night we are having our second Anderson Core group meeting at 6:30 at the Cunningham's House. If you need more info or directions then be sure to drop me an email at scbushelno@aol.com.

That's about it for now. Let's pull them belts up tight, boogity, boogity, boogity, let's go racing boys.

No comments: