Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Quick Update and French Fries

Home group last night was great. It got deep, like way over my head. We veered off the book we've been going through and got into a great discussion. If you're not plugged into a home group, what are you waiting on?

Today was a good planning day and I got a lot done on some upcoming message stuff.

Tommorrow morning I will be in Traveler's Rest with a couple of guys looking at locations for our Traveler's Rest Campus.

Both Anderson and Traveler's Rest have been picking up momentum in the last couple of days.

Tonight, I cooked fries for Isaac. He likes my home cooked fries better than Maw Maw's. It is a simple recipe and I'll share it with you. Start with three potatoes. Wash them. Peel them. Cut them into fry looking shapes. Place them into a hot vat of bubbling Wesson cooking oil with the stove set at six . I use the large round stove circle thingy. The little round ones look like they are for coffee or cooking a small pot of Lima beans. So I always use the large one. Once the oil is hot and bubbly, drop the potatoes carefully into the oil as to not suffer a nasty oil burn. Allow the potatoes to cook until golden brown and them remove them using a large spoon that has holes for the grease to leak out leaving just the fries. Place them on a plate covered by a paper towel. The paper towel will absorb excess oil. Then sprinkle a smattering of salt on the fries. Serve while still warm.

And finally, I put some go kart stuff on ebay for sale. If you need any go kart stuff check out my auctions under the username 65rover. Don't worry, I'm not selling my karts. I'm just selling the extra junk I don't need. So if you need any extra junk just check it out.

No comments: