Sunday, January 13, 2008

Knocked Up

So today "it" happened. The worst fear of any speaker is that they are going to say something that they did not intend to say in front of an audience and it is caught on tape. My number one fear is that I would let out some random curse word while trying to say some other word. Last week I actually avoided saying the word in this passage that started with the s for fear of messing this one up. Joshua 3:1 Early in the morning Joshua and all the Israelites set out from Shittim. Now I think it is pretty obvious why I didn't even go near this word.

Well today was different I was using an ilustration and talking about the 1984 arcade game "Punch Out". I was talking about getting knocked down and getting back up. I said this over and over to tell how many times I had gotten knocked down and how each time I got back up. Somewhere along the way I decided to paraphrase the statement I got knocked and got back up again. The paraphrased statement came out "that I got knocked up". You can watch the video here.



Church today was awesome. There was a buzz before and after the service. Today we had our highest attendance so far. It was really cool to see everyone getting involved. We had more families getting involved in home groups and getting plugged in to the life of the church. Two more weeks and then we will be in our location in Powdersville behind Suntrust Bank. Our first service in our Anderson location will be April 6th. More details about the core group meetings there coming pretty soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is hilarious.

and hauntingly similar to reggies slip up this morning.

He was saying that when you listen to the Spirit you start seeing people differently.

it came out "when you listen the Spirit, you start peeing...er...um...SEEING people differently."

it was awesome.

Brian Rhodes said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who's said that. Happened to me during the summer. Luckily, mine wasn't on video!