Monday, January 21, 2008

I Am Blessed

Tommorrow is the funeral for my grandfather also known as Little Papa. In the past 5 months I have lost both of my grandfathers. They both will be missed tremendously. I am 36 years old and have had all four of my grandparents alive up until this year. I have been blessed with amazing grandparents that truly have exhibited Christ and faithfulness for all these years. Both sets of grandparents were married over 65 years. That to me speaks volumes of their committment and faithfulness. All four have shaped my life beyond measure.

This Sunday I am speaking out of Hebrews 12. I only find it fitting that I am speaking on finishing strong. Just a couple of weeks ago as I sat at the table with my grandfather with his body slowly giving out on him and leaving him confined to a wheelchair and on oxygen, I will never forget what he told me that day, he said to me "I can't complain, God's been good to me. Always go with God". My grandfather finished strong with his wife of 66 years and was thankful to God even up until the very end.

Isaac was released from the hospital this afternoon. Thank you all for your prayers during this time.

No comments: