Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Weird Moments

Have you ever experienced one of those weird moments where you found yourself laughing out loud at something that no one else thought was funny? Well, today we took Isaac to see Charlotte's Web at the movie theater. We try to go to the noon showing because there is usually only about 5 -10 people in the movies and that works out good since he can't be around crowds still. The movie starts out with the momma pig having 11 piglets. Well the problem is that the momma pig only has 10 teats.(just a quick sidenote... the scene from Meet the Parents just ran through my mind as I'm writing this and I'm laughing right now. "Can you milk me Greg?") Ok, back to the story. The dad picks up the runt and picks up and axe and starts to go kill the piglet. The little girl says no I won't let you kill it. Here is where I busted out laughing because in the very next scene as soon it fades in, it shows the mom cooking bacon. Something about this struck me funny. After I let out a couple of loud bursts of laughter, I realized that some of the 5 or so kids in there were about to cry. Probably not the right moment to laugh. Overall though it was a good kids movie. Try not to laugh at the bacon or when the dad uses the word teat, even though in your mind now you will see Robert De Niro at the dinner table.

1 comment:

Richard D. Jenkins said...

Sammy, Cherie told us Sunday that Richard and I really needed to meet you and Melissa. After reading your thoughts during the movie I KNOW that you and Richard are warped soul mates!!! Have a great day!