Sunday, December 17, 2006

Excercise Anyone?

So today I did something that I have not done for quite some time. But first let me give you some background. Before we came to Cincinnati, I had developed a morning excercise routine. I would get up at 5:45 a..m and go cycling for 12 miles and then come home and shower and go to work. Needless to say my routine got broken up about 13 months ago when we arrived here for Isaac's bone marrow transplant. My new routine was a little different. It mainly consisted of sitting in a hospital room, eating, and sleeping and eating and sleeping and sitting some more.


Anyway, some friends of ours are in town(The Holders) and so today after taking a trip into the city, Bryan(that is Bryan next to the Nutcracker persony thing) and I decided to have a go at it in basketball. It was a warm day (about 65 degrees). Let me just say that I have parts of me hurting that I didn't know that I had. My vertical jump could have been measured metricly. I'm talking centimeters. Actually, I don't really think what I did classified as a jump but most likely it was an extended skip. As I write this my legs are aching, my arms are rubbery, I feel about 25 years older and to think we only played to the letter e in Horse.

No comments: