Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wiped Out but Encouraged

I'm about to crash. It's been a long day. I didn't sleep last night. Gastritis. I am wiped out.

I was encouraged a ton today. There are some folks that just lift you up a notch after talking with them a bit. I've been fortunate to have had several of these type conversations in the last 24 hours.

Yesterday evening, Eddie from Marathon stopped by and we had some great conversations. There are some things that only another pastor can understand. He offered up some good encouragement.

Then today Art from over at Connection Fellowship stopped by and we had some good conversation. Then as Art was leaving, Mike from over at Oak Pointe church came up for a meeting we had scheduled. We talked a ton about church and I was really encouraged by what all we talked and prayed about.

I like being around people like this and it was really cool to see other pastors coming together and praying for each other. Especially considering our churches are all within 15 minutes of each other. A lot of times churches get territorial and rather than encouraging and praying for each other's success they will pray for their failure so that they can enlarge their personal kingdom rather than enlarging God's kingdom.

Tonight I hung around while our Student Ministry was going on. I was encouraged by the energy and effort our guys were putting forth. (Putting forth sounds so Olde Englishe but it was the only words I could think of) The students were jacked up like they had all drank energy drinks. They finished up their series Fear Factor. All of their Bible studies have been based on fears we have. They have been doing some games with it too. Tonight one of the students puked in the main auditorium floor right at the front of the stage. My conclusion was that it must have been an awesome game.

After church I headed to Best Buy at about 8:30 p.m. to pick up Melissa's computer from the Geek Squad. They were formatting it or something.

No comments: