Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Great Book

I have been reading a book I have read before but each time I read it I learn more from it. The book is by Jeffrey J. Fox. It reminds me of reading Proverbs because it has a ton of hands on sayings and ideas. Each chapter has only a couple of pages so it is easy to pick and read a couple of quick pages when you get a chance. I read this chapter this morning entitled "The eagle does not go into the hole for the rat". The chapter talks about how eagles soar and sweep down to get a rat but would never go into a rat hole. On the other hand, snakes, ferrets and weasels would go there in a heartbeat. The point of his chapter is this, whenever someone attacks you personally, gossips about you behind your back, or says nasty stuff about you in an email etc. etc. Always remember to soar and you'll come out on top. You can go into the rat hole any time but you wouldn't be an eagle then would you. Maybe this helps someone.

PS I'm starting a new way I do some of my posts, I'm going to try and post little things like this every couple of days.

No comments: