Monday, October 27, 2008

Not Sure If You Saw It

I'm not sure if you saw it or not last night but Extreme Home Makeover may have been the best show I have watched in years. Mainly because it brought floods of emotion and memories of all Isaac went through. Watching the 10 year old boy, Job on the show was a reminder of how thankful we are to still have Isaac around because for years the outlook wasn't that good. Things are going great now and we're thankful for that. Melissa and I sat and talked about it for about thirty minutes tonight after Isaac had went to bed. If you never have experienced any thing like this then there is no way to explain how much the kids or the parents go through. Last night as I watched that show for the first time I knew there was someone else who understands.

It is easy to be critical and question others but until you have walked in someone else's shoes then you have no clue what they are facing. Next time you start to be questioning or critical, stop and pray for that person because you may not even have a clue. I have been taking this to heart more lately. I have a friend who I was critical of but yet I had never actually stopped and asked, I wonder what they are facing right now. Once I was able to see what they were up against then a lot of what was happening made perfect sense. Just a random thought. Maybe it helps someone.

Today I swapped my normal day off for today in order to get the house ready to sell. Today I disassembled the train layout and Melissa and I cleaned out the train room. That room is huge once the train layout was removed. I believe this will expedite the sale of the house just with this added space. We have moved a ton of boxes of stuff we have packed up out to the garage.

I have already began selling stuff out of the garage on ebay so that we don't have to move it. Next on my list of sale items is going to be the go karts. I have seven go karts that I am selling. 5 are racing karts and 2 are yard karts. If you know anyone looking tp get into racing I will sell the racing karts for $3500 for all and will throw in tons of extra parts. Just one kart is worth almost $3000.

No comments: