Monday, September 1, 2008

Relaxed and Refreshed

Today was great. The last few weeks have been hectic with every thing at church. We have done several outreach focused events and they have all been good but it has left me extremely busy. This weekend was good though. Dan spoke in Anderson for me and Jim Thompson spoke for me in Powdersville. I went to church and just went too church. That is relaxing and refreshing to me.

I try to step off the stage and let someone else speak about every 7th week or so. This serves as kind of a speaking sabbath. Being a small staff church right now, this helps me to have time to take care of logistical stuff that needs to be done and it gives our folks a chance to hear different speakers that are better than me. In some churches, when the pastor takes a week off, he will bring in some person that will be horrible so that his "people" will appreciate him more. Me personally, I want the best for our church and anytime I have a chance to get a quality speaker I will always go for that. Nothing makes me feel better than having someone speak that does a great job. Besides, I am going to be sitting in the audience too and I don't want to listen to a bad speaker. Dan and Jim both did a great job.

I slept in today for the first time in a couple of weeks, painted some model cars for Isaac, sat in the garage and just talked with Isaac, worked on some go karts, rode some go karts, and went to a cookout at the Browns.

Last night Melissa and I went with Evan and Erin to hang out at a get together at the Cartwright's House. Tom hooked me up with some pyrotechnics that can't be bought locally. Very cool. These folks help in many ways at StoneBridge besides the pyrotechnics. Thanks guys.

Last but not least, remember to check and tell your friends about uncensoredpastor.com beginning this Sunday.

No comments: