Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Huge Day

Man, today has started off just awesome. Isaac started what will be his first full year in public school. Years back I remember when Isaac was diagnosed with his liver disease and the doctor looking across the table and telling us that he probably wouldn't live to make into the first grade. My prayer then was that I would get to see him walk down the aisle at high school graduation and see him live a normal life.

Then I remember 3 years ago sitting across the table with a group of bone marrow doctors and them telling us that Isaac wasn't healthy enough for a bone marrow transplant. Things were really scary but again my prayer was the same that I would see him walk down the aisle at high school graduation.

I remember 2 years ago, 6 months after his bone marrow transplant and the doctors telling us that it looked that the transplant hadn't took and they were starting plasmapheresis. Again, my prayer was that I would see him walk down the aisle at high school graduation.

Today was a huge step in that direction. Isaac still has his central line coming out of his chest which they still use for IV meds and he stills goes to the hospital once a week for his infusions. With his liver transplant and bone marrow transplant behind him, today was another huge step forward.

No comments: