Monday, December 8, 2008

7 Years

Tomorrow marks seven years since Isaac received his liver transplant. December 9th 2001. It's amazing and overwhelming to think about all he has been through in the last seven years. Isaac is doing good and is in his first full year of public school. We are thankful for what God has shown us through Isaac. We also stop and say a prayer for the family of the 2 year old child that died and in the middle of all their suffering, they chose to give the gift of life. Thank you to all families who make this decision in the midst of your suffering. 

1 comment:

Zac's mommy said...

Sammy and Melissa, I remember those 7 yrs ago, when I first met you all. Zac and Isaac became big buds fast, through a glass window!! As I can recall all those 12midnight M & M runs for Isaac cause he would say "Dawn will you get me some emmm me mmm's" and I would go get some plain ones, no peanuts! Then came the doughnut stage when all he would eat was doughnuts! I miss you all and pray for you all daily. The holidays are rough for me as I have an angel now, but I think back on the good times I had with Zac and I miss him so much. Sitting here, crying, knowing I shouldnt, but am so happy for the healing that Isaac has received from God and my tears are happy tears for that purpose. Have a safe, peaceful and wonderful holiday season. Love and miss you much! GO 24!!
Love
Dawn (Zac's mommy)