Tuesday, January 27, 2009

120 years No Growth

I was reading the other day in Genesis and this thought hit me as I was reading about Noah. Noah preached righteousness according to 2 Peter 2:5. The thought that hit me was this. Noah preached righteousness for 120 years but yet didn't have a single person place their faith in God. All of the "church that isn't growing isn't a success mentality" that is prevalent today would probably condemn Noah as being an irrelevant epic failure. So that begs the question do numbers always equal success or is it our obedience to what God has called us to do as the thing that matters most. Something to think about.

Sidenote- I am not bashing any church that is growing with their numbers that have increased. Heck, we started with 6 people and have increased many times over. I'm just wondering what is our measure of success. Is it that our numbers have increased or that we have faithfully fulfilled the part that God has called us to. 

No comments: