Sunday, November 4, 2007

Sunday Recap

Here's a recap of some thoughts from the last few days:

1. Getting an extra hour of sleep isn't all that it is cracked up to be. I woke up at 5 a.m.

2. Church was good today. We had one person receive Christ that I know of which was awesome. We had around 20 high schoolers and middle schoolers today and several college age students. We've had a lot of first timers in the past few weeks. Word is starting to spread.

3. Tomorrow night is home groups. Our home group looks like it has almost tripled in one week.

4. We had several more people sign up to get plugged in to the Church today.

5. Next Monday we get the keys to our offices and youth building and begin painting and doing some work there.

6. Our youth ministry kicks off 11.14.07. 6:00 at Pizza House bring $3 and then we head over to Velocity.

7. We raced Go Karts this afternoon at the house. Lloyd, BHolda, and myself. Of course when Bryan races something crazy always happens and of course today was no exception. Bryan lost a front tire going into the down hill turn and we still haven't found the tire. It apparently went through the backyard and across the driveway. Last time it was seen it was making it's way down through my neighborhood until it went out of sight. We live on a hill so there is not telling where that tire is right now. I did have another one so we were able to continue racing. It was pretty competitive except for the fact they neither have the amazing driving skills of myself and the way I skillfully dominated every challenge they presented to me. It reminds me of the domination that I once put on a young Adam L. in the man challenge a few years ago.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you must be getting old to believe that you won that man challenge a few years ago.

Unknown said...

I believe you would still own that young Adam L. perhaps with even greater victory margin this time.

Sammy Clary said...

I would tend to agree with Robbie on this one. I'm thinking in a 30 lap race he would get lapped twice.

Sammy Clary said...

Oh yeah Adam your dad told me you were cutting grass.

Anonymous said...

give me a time and place and i'll prove that time hasn't changed a thing except made robbie a bit uglier.

Sammy Clary said...

It sounds as though you are calling out Robbie as well. I have three go karts and I guess if Robbie and I are going to race we would need someone to be there to finish 3rd.

Tadd said...

lets be real...adam doesn't stand a chance here unless his go kart has some sort of apparatus to make up for the weight differential...ya'll will lap him in like 2 laps. its just physics.

Sammy Clary said...

The one he will be driving is a 6Hp and the other two are 5 hp.