Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Excitement

Excitement is contagious. Last night I went to the Clemson Basketball Game. It was the first Clemson anything I had been to this year. Why? Well to be honest there was not a lot of excitement taking place in the sports I usually go to see. If the only excitement is the fact that the team got a new coach, well that's not a lot to be excited about. 

Last night was different. There was an electricity in the air. People were excited about being there and that carried over into the game. The excitement level even reached a point to where it was contagious. How contagious? Well I found myself sitting next to a Carolina fan that genuinely doesn't appreciate the finer things of the Clemson lifestyle. Midway through the game I notice that even he is excited about Clemson basketball. The excitement was contagious and had carried over to fans of other teams.

Not only was the excitement contagious during the game but it also lasted after the game and into the parking lot. I found myself driving through the mud in the parking lot at a high rate of speed hearing the cheers of my fellow passengers as we avoided getting stuck. The excitement had transcended the game and had carried on long after the game had ended.

I wonder if our faith were to be as contagious as the excitement of the game I attended what kind of difference would we make in the world. 

No comments: