Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th

I'm just chillin in my recliner. We slept in this morning. Isaac and I didn't get home from the race at Greenville Pickens Speedway until about 11:30 p.m. and got in bed a little after midnight. Last night may have been the best race I've watched all year. Nascar has gotten to where the races can seem boring. Last night at GPS was so not boring. Cars crashing everywhere in the last ten laps. Awesome.

They had what was billed as South Carolina's largest fireworks show following the race. I believe it was more like two guys that had made a trip to the closest fireworks stand and ponied up $500. The fireworks weren't even clearing the treetops. I was waiting for the 1000 pack of firecrackers and people walking around with sparklers. I think the word largest was applied pretty liberally. It is like every restaurant that says "largest burgers in the South" or "voted best pizza in the Southeast". Voted? By who?
I never saw that on my ballot. Senator District 2 ___________ House Representative____________ Mayor______________ Best Pizza in the Southeast________________. Oh yeah, it was on there. It got squeezed between the school referendum and the vote on an additional 1 percent sales tax.

Today, cutting grass, probably blowing stuff up.

No comments: