Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sunday Recap

Church today was good as we started our new series Storm Stories. The bands did a great job as usual. Dan our Anderson Campus pastor grows more famous by the day with the second appearance of the Easter Bunny. We had several more first timers at the Anderson Campus and it's exciting to think about what all is going to happen there in the coming months.

After Anderson it was off to Powdersville. This week we made it with 7 minutes to spare. We took a new route this morning and it saved time. The only hitch in the travel plans was the cold. Cold because I took the top off of my Jeep last week and the trip up the interstate was freezing. At the Powdersvile Campus, we had our first membership class. We had 63 people join this morning and several others that indicated that they will be joining but were unable to make it this morning. We had several people sign up fpr baptism as well which is exciting as we will be having out first baptism service coming up in June. We are waiting for the water to get warm since we are going to be doing an outdoor baptism. Baptism is going to be awesome. I have been thinking through the details and someone mentioned a location to me today that will be one of the most unusual and awesome things ever.

We will be having our first membership class in Anderson within the next month. Thereafter we will have membership classes bi-monthly at each location.

This afternoon I pulled out the go karts and raced for a few hours. I am pretty sure I cracked a rib. I know some of you are wondering what I crashed into but it wasn't a crash. I went into the fastest turn and hit a bump. When I hit the bump it threw me sideways into the part of the seat that wraps around the rib cage. As soon as my ribs hit that part of the seat I heard a pop and felt a great deal of pain in my ribs and it has not subsided since I stopped racing a couple of hours ago. Go karts are out for the rest of the week for me based on how I feel right now.

No comments: