Thursday, March 13, 2008

To Bank or Not to Bank

After reading about the changes made to the Darlington Speedway during the off season, I have been considering some changes to the backyard go kart speedway. Speeds right now are approaching 35 mph heading straight toward the garage. This is exciting because it adds an element of danger as you turn right before your momentum should carry you straight into the garage. On the other hand an encounter with the garage at full speed would not be fun.

So I have decided to look into some track changes including a 30 degree Super Speedway type banking and a new layout that no longer sends you down the hill toward the garage. Spring is just a few days away and the proposed changes should not affect the upcoming scheduled races including the Home Group 150 coming up in May.

The Back Yard Speedway is still looking for corporate sponsorship as well. A corporate sponsorship gets you naming rights to the back yard speedway as well as two box seats on top of the swing set in the back yard. I'll update with pictures if I go forward with the changes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

although i was told by a co-worker that you said I was a homo, I am interested in sponsorship of the backyard speedway seeing that i need something to spend the massive amounts of money I make. I now carry 7 debit cards for my seven different accounts since the FDIC only insures 100 large per account.

Sammy Clary said...

Done. I'll get you a contract out and we'll name the speedway complete with a sign and all. If you bring a field painter I'll even let you paint your name in the infield.